Metal Gear Solid 4



Hideo Kojima was recently upset over something, causing speculation that one of his games may have been canceled. We still don’t know what he was referring to when he said, “What I prepared minutely spending a year became meaningless,” but he did clear up some other matters up on a new Kojima Productions podcast (mp3).

As translated by Andriasang, Kojima simply responded yes or no to a number of questions. He said he will not be at Microsoft’s E3 press conference, nor will he be announcing Metal Gear Solid 5 or showing a multiplayer mode for Metal Gear Solid: Rising (which will not star Gray Fox or be out on November 1, 2011). He added that the 3DS will get Metal Gear Solid 3 before the end of the year in Japan but Metal Gear Solid 4 (pictured above) is not in the works for NGP.

Next year marks the 25-year anniversary of the original Metal Gear’s release on the MSX2 and NES in 1987. Asked if there are plans for something big to celebrate, Kojima said yes, but there were no further details provided on what that might entail.

Super Mario Bros. celebrated that same anniversary last year with the release of Super Mario All-Stars on Wii. Nintendo promised something “different” but “just as special” to celebrate Zelda’s 25th anniversary, which took place this year.

What would you like to see Kojima and Konami do for Metal Gear’s anniversary?

By Chris Pereira